The Gentlemen Revolutionaries

Dedicated to the Preservation of the First Amendment

Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

This is a public service announcement

As you can see my writing has plummeted recently. It has been 20 days since my last post and it isn't that there has been nothing happening in the world, some pretty cool things have been happening, it is simply that I have not been inspired. Misery was my muse.
Everyday I would wake up dreading going to work and every day I would come home more tired than one should be for a ten hour day. But I did, and for some reason that horrid situation made me want to post. Probably because it was my only release, possibly because I spent hours in front of a computer every day I thought that I might as well do something that I thought was worth while and productive. I don't know but that situation made me post. Now three weeks out of it and it has been three weeks since my last post, longer since my last meaningful one. I am out of that situation but my muse is back, I have no idea what it is now, it is not misery that is certain. It came back through song, through a song in particular- Smart Went Crazy by Atmosphere. I heard this one for the first time about 3 weeks ago... odd. But something clicked with it this morning. So maybe music is my muse. This was the case throughout college, I made a sound track for every paper I wrote. So music it may be, maybe something else will show its face as the true source, but for now, music it is.
I am not surprised by my difficulties, I was not being true to myself. I was hiding who I really was because I thought that is what I was supposed to do.

I am Smenis
Politics and cars are all that is necessary to make the world go round.
I love the Eagles and think that everyone from Dallas is a pansy.
I love loud music.
I think that the 4th generation Camaro is the best car ever produced.
Coors Light and Level Vodka are my drinks of choice (throw some sobe in there too)
I like horses and guns.
Futurama is one of the funniest shows ever.
Man on Fire and Black Hawk Down are the worlds greatest movies.
I love this country, I love my family, I love my girlfriend, and I love myself.


I forgot all of this, but this is who I am. As Jay-Z says:

"
No matter where you go, you are what you are player
And you can try to change but that's just the top layer
Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here"

I am who I am and I can't ignore that.in the steps I take from here forward. The next step is employment. I will certainly let you know when that has been solved but in the mean time I will be posting (if anyone wants to give me a job doing something cool, let me know, I can lock it up). I am not going to let it fall by the way side again, and if I do, please call me on it.

In the next few days I will be introducing a new feature which may or may not take off. I want this to become a much more interactive place. I will be going back to my traditional political posts and am well aware that my readers really have very varied views and would like to solicit more opinions. If you would like to see a place where true respectful debate can occur, stick around.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home